The Elgin Road Wizard mechanical broom sweeper has powerful, dual-engine design with a 360 gallon (1363l) water tank for superior dust control and a large 5.4 cubic yard (4.1 cu meters) hopper. This sweeper features a double-scissors lifting mechanism, which is center-mounted for greater stability, rigidity and trouble free operation. Plus, its dumping height is adjustable up to 10 feet (305 cm). The Elgin Road Wizard is now available with your choice of squeegee or no-jam belt conveyor systems depending on the application requirements.
This sweeper offers the flexibility of mounting on a selection of commercial cab-over or conventional chassis. The control console is located between the operator stations, and all sweep function switches have tactile-feel surfaces, made to the highest sweeper standards. This way, operators can work the panel while keeping their eyes forward, for added safety and efficiency.
The Elgin Road Wizard is specially suited for the heaviest construction needs and gravel loading sweeper operations. The Road Wizard has a huge auxiliary engine and extra-large hopper, meaning these sweepers are designed to power through any sweeping job.
Powerful, Proven, Single Engine Mechanical Sweeper
- Sweep system powered by a low emission, 74 hp Cummins diesel engine, (55 kW @ 2500 RPM), one of the most powerful standard auxiliary engines available on a mechanical sweeper.
- Control console, located between the operator stations, provides quick, easy access for increased productivity and safe operation. All sweep function switches have tactile-feel surfaces, so operators can work the panel while keeping their eyes forward, for added safety and efficiency.
- Dual free-floating gutter brooms adjust to variable road surfaces, a sweep path of 10 feet (305 cm)
and a powerful free floating direct-drive main broom, ensure reliable and complete pickup of debris.
- Superior dust control is maintained with an in-cab zone-controlled diaphragm water pump and a 360 gallon (1363 L) water tank for long sweep times between refills.
- 5.4 cubic yard (4.1 cubic meter) hopper features a center mounted double-scissors lifting mechanism for greater stability and trouble-free operation.
- Dumping height is variable up to 10 feet (305 cm) and an 11 inch (279 mm) side shift enables a cleaner more efficient unloading of material
- Auxiliary Engine: Cummins B3.3
- Main Broom
- Diameter: 34 in. | 864 mm
- Length: 60 in. | 1473 mm
- Type: Prefab Disposable Polypropylene Filled
- Core Diameter: 8 in. | 203 mm
- Suspension: Hydraulic w/ Automatic Wear Compensation
- Lift Control: Hydraulic
- Mounting: Full-Floating Trailing Arm