Terms & Conditions- Used Equipment
SALE OF USED EQUIPMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. THE AGREEMENT. Jack Doheny Companies, Inc., (the “Seller”) agrees to sell, transfer and convey its right, title and interest in the used goods, equipment, vehicles and other used items (collectively, the “Equipment”) described in Seller’s written Proposal for the Sale of Used Equipment (the “Proposal”) to the Buyer subject to the terms and conditions contained herein, which are incorporated into the Proposal, agreed to by the parties hereto, and consists of the entire agreement between the Seller and Buyer (collectively, the “Agreement”). The Agreement shall be for the benefit of the Seller and Buyer and not for the benefit of any other person or entity. Prior courses of dealing, trade usage and verbal agreements not reduced to a writing signed by the Seller and Buyer, to the extend they differ from, modify, add to or change from the Agreement shall not be binding on the Seller.
2. TERMS OF PAYMENT. 2.1 Payment Date. All payments for the Equipment are due from Buyer on the date of the invoice unless other terms are agreed to in writing between the Seller and Buyer. Payment shall be made to Seller at the address specified in the Agreement, without any offset or deduction for any reason. 2.2 Shipping Delays. If any shipment is delayed at the request of Buyer, payment shall become due based on the date Seller is prepared to make shipment, and Seller may invoice Buyer based on such date. All prices for Equipment are F.O.B. Seller’s shipping point. 2.3 Delinquent Payments. 2.3.1 Any payment not made by Buyer on or before its due date shall be subject to a late charge on any unpaid balance at a rate of 18% per annum, or the highest interest rate allowed by law, whichever is greater. 2.3.2 If a payment is not made on or before its due date, Buyer agrees that Seller may elect, in addition to any other remedy at law or in equity, to cease performance under the Agreement and any other agreement between Buyer and Seller until such payment is rendered to Seller.
3. DELIVERY. Seller does not guarantee delivery dates.
4. RISK OF LOSS. Buyer assumes all risk of loss of Equipment upon delivery by Seller to carrier if Equipment is shipped. For Equipment that is shipped, Seller agrees to: (a) prepare the Equipment for shipment to Buyer; (b) deliver custody of the Equipment to carrier; (c) make appropriate arrangements for the transportation to carrier; and deliver documents to enable Buyer to obtain possession of the Equipment. Seller shall not be obligated to obtain insurance or to prepay transportation/carrier costs for the Equipment. Buyer agrees to be responsible for and to timely pay all loading, unloading and other charges incidental to transportation of the Equipment. Whether Seller pays transportation charges or not, risk of loss shall pass to Buyer upon delivery of the Equipment to a carrier.
5. NO WARRANTY/AS IS SALE. Buyer has inspected the Equipment and is satisfied with the Equipment’s condition. THE SALE OF THE EQUIPMENT IS “ASIS” WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS OR RECALL EXPENSES.
6. INDEMNIFICATION. Buyer shall indemnify, hold harmless and release Seller from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, costs and expenses, including attorney fees, arising out of, in whole or in part, from (a) the design or manufacture of the Equipment, or (b) the use of the Equipment by Buyer and those acting on Buyer’s behalf.
7. MISCELLANEOUS. 7.1 No Assignment. There shall be no assignment of the Agreement by Buyer without the prior written approval of Seller. Any assignment of the Agreement shall not relieve Buyer of its obligations under the Agreement. 7.2 Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations hereunder, other than a payment obligation, due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including without limitation, acts of God or of the public enemy, including terrorists, acts of the government in its sovereign capacity, fires, floods, epidemic, strikes, picketing or boycotts, or any other circumstances caused by natural occurrences or third party actions beyond the reasonable control and without the fault or negligence of the party whose performance is affected (“Force Majeure Events”); provided that the affected party provides the other party prompt notice of the applicable circumstance and uses commercially reasonable efforts to re-commence performance as promptly as possible; provided, further, that if the duration of such Force Majeure Event exceeds thirty (30) days, the other party may terminate the Agreement upon delivery of written notice to the affected party. 7.3 Venue. The parties agree that any dispute under the Agreement shall be brought in the applicable state or federal court located in the county in which the Originating Office is located and the parties waive any right to a jury trial. 7.4 Construction and Captions. The parties acknowledge that each has reviewed the Agreement and that the normal rules of construction to the effect that any ambiguities are to be resolved against the drafting party shall not be employed in the interpretation of the Agreement or any exhibits or amendments hereto; and that section headings appearing in the Agreement are for convenience of reference only and they are not intended, to any extent or for any purpose, to limit or define the text of any section or any subsection hereof. In the event any part of the Agreement is found to be ambiguous, such ambiguity shall not be construed against any party. 7.5 Entire Agreement. The Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous statements, promises, understandings or agreements, whether written or oral. 7.6 Amendments. The Agreement may be amended, modified or altered at any time upon the approval of the Seller and Buyer; however, any such amendment must be in writing and signed by the Seller and Buyer in order for such amendment to be of any force and effect. 7.7 Partial Invalidity. In the event that any provision of the Agreement is declared by any court of competent jurisdiction or any administrative judge to be void or otherwise invalid, all of the other terms, conditions and provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect to the same extent as if that part declared void or invalid had never been incorporated in the Agreement and in such form, the remainder of the Agreement shall continue to be binding upon the parties. 7.8 Counterparts. The Agreement and any amendment thereto may be signed and executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which together shall constitute one Agreement. Delivery of an executed counterpart of a signature page of the Agreement by facsimile or email shall be effective as delivery of an originally executed counterpart of the Agreement. 7.9 Authority. Each person(s) executing the Agreement as an agent or in a representative capacity warrants that he or she is duly authorized to do so.